Tuesday, January 8, 2019

PHOTOSHOOT & SOCIAL MEDIA


PHOTOSHOOT


I have organised to get a photo shoot completed on Thursday 29th November with the photography tutor, I am awaiting a time frame to complete the photoshoot to be sent to me via email. This will tie into my FMP as I will already have press shots taken of Harrison and myself for our portfolio in the EPK. I have some ideas as thaw I would like the photos to be, very natural, black and white, with a relaxed setting, maybe some outside but I would like the majority to be in the studio with a white background. I have been conversing with a graphic designer about potentially designing us a logo, I was thinking about asking the college students, but due to the fact they will have a lot of work to be getting on with, and they aren't getting paid for it, I decided to go externally for this, also I will be using the logo when I leave college so I will pay someone to create it and use it for as long as I need. 

The photos I have embedded are similar to the style of photoshoot I would like, very simple yet effective photos, I think Harrison would look good with his guitar in some of them and others just natural form, very very laid back and relaxed photos. The reason why I wanted the photos in black and white is because to me it is more pleasing to the eye than colour, it adds a mystery to the photos, photography also began in black and white and some may argue that the photo is in its purest form when in black and white. It can also trigger emotions or moods that you may not feel if looking at a colour photo, however mainly I just love the way black and white looks, and how simple, yet effective it is. 


I have already got a facebook page up and running thats got a fair few followers on it, I also intend to create an instagram account for Sweet Tooth, as well as a soundcloud account, I already have a Bandcamp account up and running. I intend to investigate more into soundrop, a platform that signs you up to various other platforms automatically. You are also able to distribute cover songs and originals for free, but they take a fee from whatever money you earn, which is 25-30%. The place the music on the following platforms; iTunes, Google Play Store, Apple Music, Google Music, Spotify, Pandora and Deezer. 

I have created a soundrop account as well as a soundcloud account, I will continue to place my music work for sweet tooth under the account I have recently made, I will put my final tracks on there as well, rather than my college soundcloud. I have also made a new instagram account for sweet tooth, this will be a means of promoting our music and posting photos and videos of our performances and whatever we get up to music wise. So altogether I have made a soundcloud, band camp, instagram, facebook and soundrop page for sweet tooth, this will open up a vast range of opportunities to promote the music I create. 


  Here are some of the photos we had taken.






No comments:

Post a Comment